Tampa Sports Authority
Reliable Solutions for Multi-space & Multi-purpose Facility
Tampa Sports Authority relies on Data Aire Systems to keep the lights, sound and audience engaged.
Raymond James Stadium is the home to the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, University of South Florida Football, Outback Bowl and Monster Jam. The stadium has hosted Super Bowl XXXV, XLIII and the upcoming event in 2021, as well as NCAA Football National Championship Game in 2017. Many superstars perform at the stadium including U2, Beyonce, One Direction, Taylor Swift and Kenny Chesney.
Raymond James Stadium boasts the most technologically advanced HD video system in use today; recently rated #1 in NFL league technology. It is comprised of two massive 9,600 square-foot boards on both ends of the stadium – and four large 2,300 square-foot HD tower walls. With more than 31,000 square feet of video display space, this system ranks as the third largest video board system in the NFL. The new sound system has 400+ speakers throughout the stadium providing 750,000 watts of power and has over 30 miles of cable connecting the speakers. The new video boards and sound system takes a fan’s game experience to a whole new level.
- Implement a reliable multipurpose environmental control system that could match the impressive multi-million dollar renovation needs of the facility.
- Maintain the space envelope for heating, cooling and dehumidification.
- Increase redundancy in the telecom and studio media rooms, as well as the control rooms.
- Apply a flexible environmental control solution to protect the security system, CCTV, main scoreboard, video and amp rooms Ribbon Boards, video panel, video walls, and new distributive sound system.
- Integrate seamlessly with existing Building Management Systems thru BacNet cards.
Data Aire worked with its local presence, Slade Ross Inc. to help Tampa Sports Authority achieve its goals.
- Redundant system availability under one controller rather than multiple field-installed, disparate control equipment
- Upgraded fan technology – to provide additional energy efficiency
- Largest tonnage available with the smallest footprint
- Ease of accessing replacement parts for scheduled maintenance
Environmental Control Solutions
- gForce Ultra Systems – Single and Dual circuit
- Factory-wired dap4 Intelligent Controls
- Direct Drive Plenum Fans
- Redundant Chilled Water & DX Technology
- Local and Highly Responsive Customer Support
- Enhanced Reliability: Redundancy of dual cool units of chilled water and Direct Expansion does not foster dependence on one system or the other. Can automatically switch over in milder months without compromising space requirements and conditions.
- Cost Savings: Save operating expenses when the stadium is not occupied — turning off the chilled water system and running the Data Aire condenser.
- Integration of Controls: Pro-active monitoring with real-time alerts for quicker response times to issues.
- Units are extremely quiet.
- New low DB output
- Enhanced System Functionality: Through a consultative approach, Slade Ross’ suggested modifications and Data Aire’s manufacturing agility improved the design and functionality of the original system specifications.