- Provide significant infrastructure upgrades that include 4,000 tons of highly efficient data center cooling capacity and up to 28 megawatts of additional power.
- Develop a building-wide solution for cooling and power to expand the capacity and upgrade the reliability of the building mechanical and electrical infrastructure without interrupting current critical operations within the building.
- Develop an energy efficient cooling design to not only meet the requirements of Title 24 and those of the California Energy Code, but also be an energy-efficient design by current data center design standards.
- Develop a phasing plan to allow upgrades to occur in response to marketing needs (i.e. lease negotiations), rather than with large upfront expenditures.
- Deliver a new cooling system would address space constraints and provide a reliable central cooling system for future tenants.
- Meet the specific goal to provide a design supply air temperature within ASHRAE TC 9.9 guidelines and to provide compressor-less cooling for at least 50% of the time.