Offers numerous enhanced features and benefits for streamlined programming; zone temperature control options; and fail-safe prevention.
dara-4g2 is the latest Relay Auto Changeover offering from Data Aire – that has the same, dependable data center monitoring and control capabilities as its predecessor, the DARA-4, but now offers:
- Efficient relay auto changeover
- Streamlined programming
- Zone temperature control options
- Fail-safe prevention
- Intelligent Energy Management Control
Additionally, a sleek new design incorporates soft buttons and a LCD control panel for user-friendly programming.
- DARA-4G2 Wiring Diagram
- dara4-g2 BMS Point List
INSTALLATION, OPERATION & MAINTENANCE MANUAL
A main function of the dara-4g2 is to ensure a balance of runtimes across all units. The rotation duration can be set for 4, 8, 12 or 24 hours; or 7, 14 or 30 days. All information is projected on an easy-to-read 4-row, 22-character liquid crystal display (LCD).
A critical component of any computer room is the back-up capabilities. The dara-4g2 offers three different standby logics:
- Turn-Off – the controller will turn off any unit with an alarm and bring on an equal number of stand-by units
- Stay-on – the controller keeps the unit running, even if there is an alarm
- Conditional – if there is a standby unit the controller will turn off the unit with the alarm and activate the standby unit, however if there is no stand- by unit the controller will keep the unit with the alarm on.
To ensure a cool data center, the dara-4g2 is equipped with a “fail safe” design. Typically, when the controller receives an alarm, all contacts are closed, which makes all cooling units operational. With the fail-safe option, should the controller fail, all units would be placed in operation ensuring the data center remains cool.
ZONE TEMPERATURE CONTROL (OPTIONAL)
The addition of a temperature sensor the dara-4g2 can be programmed to control the temperature in the room to a desired set point. This feature allows you to only operate the number of units necessary to maintain the desired temperature, resulting in the most efficient operation possible.
dara-4g2’s LCD control panel with 4 row, 22 character display, makes programming a breeze. Programming the controller is similar to Data Aire’s state-of-the-art dap4 microprocessor controller. The display also incorporates soft buttons and provides a user-friendly menu to navigate through the menu system and be ready to function. This controller also has an audio alarm with selectable sound patterns, to alert you to any potential problems.
dara-4g2 can be equipped with an optional network communication card that allows for an interface with BMS or BAS systems using Modbus RTU, Modbus TCP/IP, BACnet MSTP, and BACnet IP.
- Power Input Requirement: 24 VAC @ 50/60 Hz, 1A
- Remote Alarm Contacts rating: 10 Amps maximum @ 24VAC
- Power supply Fuse F1, F2: 2 Amps @250 V, 5X20 mm fast-acting miniature fuse
- Control Output Contacts rating: 8 Amp @ 24 VAC
- Alarm Inputs: DI-None Power Contacts
- Connections: Miniature screw-type terminals
- Wiring: 18 AWG
- Dimensions (L x W x H) in inches: 14” x 9” x 2.5”
- Shipping Weight: 8 lbs